Why You Want to Start Using a HIPAA-Compliant Chat Solution
Tired of outdated and low-security methods of communications in your hospital or healthcare organization? Then it’s time to consider a HIPAA-compliant chat solution. Built around the simplicity and reliability of instant messaging technology, HIPAA-compliant chat platforms allow your employees to freely share and communicate sensitive patient and company information – without the risk of data breaches.
Instant messaging solutions are a serious upgrade over the loud speakers and pagers you’ve historically relied on to communicate with staff. Taking advantage of this technology is great – but remember, you share private health information regarding patients. Certain security measures must be in place to protect that information, and keep you on the right side of federal regulations.
The HIPAA-compliant chat solution you choose for your organization needs to have the following safeguards:
- Policies and processes must be in place to secure patients’ electronic Protected Health Information (ePHI).
- IT and account administrators should be able to complete full account audits and manage personnel use at all times.
- Your organization should continuously update policies and procedures to reflect government changes, and remain HIPAA compliant.
4 Reasons to Start Using a HIPAA-Compliant Chat Solution
In addition to avoiding major financial and government penalties, using a HIPAA-compliant chat solution has the potential to deliver operational and organizational benefits:
- Increased Productivity– Employees can communicate in a more streamlined, efficient manner, without sacrificing security. Share X-rays, prescribed medications, patient charts and more by simply attaching them in a message. Truly HIPAA-compliant technology deploys high levels of security and encryption to protect ePHI during transmission.
- Zero Compliance Risks – Hospitals and healthcare organizations that do not follow HIPAA regulations face a $50,000 fine for a single infraction, and up to $1.5 million for repeated infractions. Using a HIPAA-compliant chat solution ensures that you stay within government sanctions, and save your organization from unnecessary penalties.
- Quicker Communications – Pagers and loudspeakers take too long to reach hospital and healthcare personnel. But nearly everyone carries their mobile device with them at all times. Simply sending a message to the doctor, nurse or administrative staff you are trying to reach saves time, improving the quality of patient care.
Get Onboard With HIPAA-Compliant Chat Technology
NetSfere knows that hospitals and healthcare organizations need to get things done fast. So we created a HIPAA-compliant chat solution that is simple and user-friendly, streamlining day-to-day communications. Our robust platform enables you to include attachments and multimedia files, so you can share whatever you need, whenever you need it.
Our instant messaging solution is easily installed on any corporate-owned or Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) mobile device, saving your organization thousands of dollars in equipment costs.
Ready to take the next step? Contact NetSfere today to get started.