Secure and privacy-compliant messaging strategies for the healthcare industry
The latest report by ENTSCHEIDERFABRIK in collaboration with Academy of Health Information Management Executives (AHIME) looks at the current state of messaging in German healthcare industry and how secure messaging services play a key role in ensuring the quality of patient care while protecting sensitive information.
Few key findings from the report include:
- Most organizations allow their employees to use their personal devices (smartphones, laptop/PCs etc.) for business purposes.
- A significant number of employees use consumer-grade tools for communication in their institutions, despite it not meeting healthcare privacy and confidentiality requirements.
- Most of the organizations reported a 20% to 40% increase in productivity using messaging tools.
- Nearly half of the respondents believe mobile messaging and collaboration platforms can reduce risks when used securely and appropriately.
- The TI-Messenger standard of Gematik offers a promising solution for secure and effective communication in the health sector in future but it lags behind by 3-4 years in terms of core functionalities compared to the current well established secure and compliant messenger services designed for the healthcare market.